Blue Cheese Apple Salad Recipe
We have a lot of apple orchards in our state, so this definitely represents our area. This is one of my favorite apple recipes. It has a nice combination of flavors.
- 3 medium unpeeled red apples, cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cantaloupe cubes or balls
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add cantaloupe and celery; mix well. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, blue cheese and mayonnaise. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 122 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Apple Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC