We have a lot of apple orchards in our state, so this definitely represents our area. This is one of my favorite apple recipes. It has a nice combination of flavors.
Recommended: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium unpeeled red apples, cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cantaloupe cubes or balls
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add cantaloupe and celery; mix well. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, blue cheese and mayonnaise. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Apple Salad in Country Extra May 2001, p49
Reviews forBlue Cheese Apple Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review