Blue Cheese Appetizer Pizza Recipe
Kathy Stanaway's mouthwatering recipe makes enough for two pizzas. "Loaded with crumbled blue cheese, slices are always popular at card parties and New Year's Eve gatherings," writes the DeWitt, Michigan reader. "My kids also love this pizza—we sometimes make it as an alternative to the regular Italian variety.—Kathy Stanaway, DeWitt, Michigan
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Divide bread dough in half. Press each into a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 2. Brush dough with oil. Combine the basil, oregano and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Arrange onion and tomatoes over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas (10 slices each).
1 each: 118 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Appetizer Pizza
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC