BLTs with Raisin-Avocado Spread Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 12 romaine leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until blended. Spread evenly over six slices of toast. Layer with bacon, lettuce and tomato. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 446 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for BLTs with Raisin-Avocado Spread
"The avocado spread is surprisingly and subtly sweet due to the cream cheese and raisins. I used store-bought tomatoes, but ripened them in a brown paper bag with an apple to bring out their full flavor and juiciness. A huge hit at home!"
"The avocado raisin spread is perfect! Great flavor. The sweetness of the raisins is unexpectedly perfect."