BLTs with Raisin-Avocado Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 12 romaine leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until blended. Spread evenly over six slices of toast. Layer with bacon, lettuce and tomato. Top with remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 446 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
May 30, 2012
The avocado spread is surprisingly and subtly sweet due to the cream cheese and raisins. I used store-bought tomatoes, but ripened them in a brown paper bag with an apple to bring out their full flavor and juiciness. A huge hit at home!
Sep 7, 2010
The avocado raisin spread is perfect! Great flavor. The sweetness of the raisins is unexpectedly perfect.