BLT Wedge Salad
The homemade dressing really makes this simple, quick-to-fix salad shine. You get so much flavor without a whole lot of work. Making the dressing in advance and refrigerating will intensify the flavor. Adding blue cheese crumbles is a great option as well.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and lime juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in the mayonnaise, shallot, ranch dressing mix, pepper and garlic until blended.
- Cut lettuce into four wedges. Drizzle with dressing; top with tomatoes and bacon. Sprinkle with blue cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 salad (calculated without blue cheese): 536 calories, 48g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1405mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as BLT Wedge Salad with Mouthwatering Garlic and Onion Ranch in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.