VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and lime juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in the mayonnaise, shallot, ranch dressing mix, pepper and garlic until blended.
- Cut lettuce into four wedges. Drizzle with dressing; top with tomatoes and bacon. Sprinkle with blue cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as BLT Wedge Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p22