BLT Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine or whole wheat linguine
- 8 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the drippings, cook and stir tomatoes and garlic 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 335 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2017
I made this tonight, using thin whole wheat spaghetti, and halved cherry tomatoes. It's quick and tasty, and with whole wheat pasta it's heartier than it looks. Spend a little extra on the bacon, since it's a key part of the flavor, and use a firm but flavorful tomato.