BLT Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine or whole wheat linguine
- 8 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the drippings, cook and stir tomatoes and garlic 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 335 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 7, 2017
I made this tonight, using thin whole wheat spaghetti, and halved cherry tomatoes. It's quick and tasty, and with whole wheat pasta it's heartier than it looks. Spend a little extra on the bacon, since it's a key part of the flavor, and use a firm but flavorful tomato.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.