- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh arugula
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, basil, 1 tablespoon vinegar and lemon juice. Add to cooked quinoa; stir to combine.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add remaining vinegar. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small cup; holding cup close to surface of water, slip egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water. Keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook tomatoes until they begin to release their juices, 8-10 minutes. Add arugula; cook and stir just until arugula is wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, divide quinoa evenly among four bowls. Add cherry tomatoes, arugula, avocado slices and crumbled bacon. Top each with a poached egg. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBLT Quinoa Bowls
"Yum! I made it with a fried egg instead of a poached egg and loved it!"