BLT Meatball Sliders
Take sliders to an all-new level with the addition of bacon and ground pork. Mayonnaise gets a bit of zip from ranch dip mix. Your guests will surely make these disappear fast. —Damali Campbell, New York, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound uncooked bacon strips
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ranch dip mix
- 18 dinner rolls, split
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Place bacon in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasonings. Crumble the bacon, pork and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs.
- Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine mayonnaise and dip mix; spread over rolls. Layer each roll bottom with salad greens, a tomato slice and a meatball; replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 384 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as BLT Meatball Sliders in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012