Take sliders to an all-new level with the addition of bacon and ground pork. Mayonnaise gets a bit of zip from ranch dip mix. Your guests will surely make these disappear fast. —Damali Campbell, New York, New York
Featured In: 20 Favorite BLT Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound uncooked bacon strips
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ranch dip mix
- 18 dinner rolls, split
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Place bacon in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasonings. Crumble the bacon, pork and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs.
- Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine mayonnaise and dip mix; spread over rolls. Layer each roll bottom with salad greens, a tomato slice and a meatball; replace tops. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as BLT Meatball Sliders in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p14
Reviews forBLT Meatball Sliders
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2015
"These were good. My only issue was the bacon. It turned into a chunky mess in the food processor and not diced. I had to end up hand chopping."