BLT in a Bowl
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 cup torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, sugar and bouillon; stir in the macaroni, tomato and onion.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl; sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 199 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 8, 2014
OMG this is to die for - so good - I used a mild salsa instead of the chili sauce - this is the best ever
May 1, 2009
I made this salad when it first came out in the Cooking for 2 magazine and it was delicious. I made it for an elderly lady I was caretaking and she loved it.