BLT Catfish Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; set aside.
- 2. Drizzle remaining lemon juice over fillets; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill catfish, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4. Layer four slices of toast with catfish, bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion. Spread sauce mixture over remaining toast slices; place on top. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 465 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1069mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for BLT Catfish Sandwiches
"sandwich was ok. Need to try again with a milder batch of fish The catfish I had was a bit strong and overpowered must of the flavor."
"Everyone in my family enjoyed the meal. It was a nice change from the classic BLT. The local grocery store didn't have catfish, but they did have fresh wild cod. It turned out great. I served it with top ramen and grapes for an easy weeknight meal."
"This makes for a fun, delicious meal!"