Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 24 cooked bacon strips
- 8 slices tomato, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cheese and ketchup. In a large bowl, mix tomato paste, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve burgers on buns with sauce, lettuce, bacon and, if desired, tomato. Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 burger (calculated without tomato): 776 calories, 54g fat (15g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 1403mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 44g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 24, 2015
I have many burger recipes and this is a good one. I have a few that I like better, so I will probably go back to those. I did like that these burgers had a blue cheese sauce. My family enjoyed these for our Sunday BBQ. Thanks for sharing the recipe!