Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 5 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, tomato, lettuce, 2 tablespoons pesto, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut baguette into 36 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil.
- Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with remaining pesto; top each slice with 2 teaspoons bacon mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 69 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 4, 2018
Great bruschetta! I used dried basil instead of fresh. I did use maple bacon but I suspect regular would be just as fine if maple is not available.
Dec 2, 2011
Easy to make and delicious!
Nov 8, 2011
This has a great balance of flavors. I like the bacon and tomato's compliment to the pesto. This is easy and flavorful.
Aug 9, 2011
East and excellent! Great mini meal or appetizer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.