- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet; coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the water, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar and oil until smooth. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato and bread cubes. Sprinkle with bacon and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBLT Bread Salad
"We've made this recipe many times and enjoy it every time! We do need to double the dressing recipe for five servings."
"We absolutely love this salad at our house. I've taken it to work and it was a big hit there too. The dressing is what really makes it! Thanks!"