BLT-and-More Salad for Two
“I created this when my husband and I were looking for something quick, yet different. The blend of flavors is wonderful, and I make it often. It’s simply the best!” Paula Marchesi - Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons cubed avocado
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado and bacon. In another small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, garlic, dill, salt and pepper; pour over salad. Gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Serve immediately in lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 118 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 high-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as BLT-N-More Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010