Blooming Sweet Rolls
You don't need a green thumb to cultivate this treat. Kids will have fun arranging prepared dough into a flower and decorating it with jelly and glaze.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 10 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 3-1/2 teaspoons currant jelly, divided
- 1 teaspoon mint jelly, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Place on roll in the center of a greased baking sheet. Shape six rolls into ovals; place around center roll, forming a flower. For stem, roll one of the remaining rolls into a 5-in. rope; place rope touching the flower. Shape remaining rolls into leaves; arrange on each side of stem. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- With the end of a wood spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each petal and flower center; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon currant jelly. Make an indentation in the center of each leaf; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon mint jelly.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove from pan to a wire rack. Fill indentations with remaining jelly. In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, milk, butter and extract; drizzle over warm sweet rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 158 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.