- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Additional parsley flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Unroll dough; separate into 12 breadsticks. Adjust length of each breadstick to 6 in. For each flower, cut one breadstick into 1-in. pieces and another breadstick into one 4-in. piece and two 1-in. pieces. For stem, twist 4-in. piece twice and place on a greased baking sheet. For leaves, pinch one end of two 1-in. pieces; place on each side of stem and pinch to seal. Roll one 1-in. piece into a ball; place 1 in. above stem for flour center. For petals, pinch one end of remaining five pieces; position with sides touching flower center and other petals. Combine butter, parsley, garlic powder and Italian seasoning; brush over dough. Sprinkle parsley on stem and leaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds on flour center. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBlooming Breadsticks
"A clever styling of breadsticks into 'flowers' for a Spring Celebratory Meal."