Bloody Mary Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bottle (33.8 ounces) spicy Bloody Mary mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 7-1/2 cups)
- Additional Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce
- Pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 minutes.
- Add next six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cook until it wilts, about 5 minutes. Soup will be chunky. Serve immediately with additional Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce. If desired, add olives to resemble eyes.
Nutrition Facts1 cups: 64 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2016
This soup was fantastic. I slightly reduced the salt and added a can of cannellini beans. Next time I'll add two cans of beans (drained and rinsed). It was spicy and made a huge amount--I froze some of the leftovers