Bloody Mary Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bottle (33.8 ounces) spicy Bloody Mary mix
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 7-1/2 cups)
- Additional Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce
- Pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 minutes.
- Add next six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; cook until it wilts, about 5 minutes. Soup will be chunky. Serve immediately with additional Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce. If desired, add olives to resemble eyes.
Nutrition Facts1 cups: 64 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 8, 2016
This soup was fantastic. I slightly reduced the salt and added a can of cannellini beans. Next time I'll add two cans of beans (drained and rinsed). It was spicy and made a huge amount--I froze some of the leftovers
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.