Bloody-Mary Seafood Cocktail
When planning impromptu parties, I rely on this recipe. After a quick stop at the supermarket, I can create an hors d'oeuvre that both impresses and pleases.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes14 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup spicy Bloody Mary mix
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Chill until serving. Just before serving, stir in avocado.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 182 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Mexican Seafood Cocktail in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.