Blood Orange Yogurt Tarts
This is a very healthy, delicious and beautiful dessert. Blood oranges can also be replaced by tangerines, clementines, grapefruits or a combination of any citrus fruit.—
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake:15 min. + chilling
Makes6 individual tarts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium blood oranges, sectioned
- Place walnuts and sugar in a food processor; cover and pulse until walnuts are finely ground. Add flour; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse just until moist crumbs form.
- Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of six ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Add gelatin mixture; stir until completely dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt and brown sugar until blended. Stir in warm milk mixture. Spoon into crusts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until filling is set.
- Just before serving, remove tarts from pans. Top with blood oranges.