Blood Orange Yogurt Tarts
This is a very healthy, delicious and beautiful dessert. Blood oranges can also be replaced by tangerines, clementines, grapefruits or a combination of any citrus fruit.—
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake:15 min. + chilling
Makes6 individual tarts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium blood oranges, sectioned
- Place walnuts and sugar in a food processor; cover and pulse until walnuts are finely ground. Add flour; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse just until moist crumbs form.
- Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of six ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Add gelatin mixture; stir until completely dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt and brown sugar until blended. Stir in warm milk mixture. Spoon into crusts. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until filling is set.
- Just before serving, remove tarts from pans. Top with blood oranges.
Originally published as Blood Orange Yogurt Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.