Blood Orange-Pomegranate Sorbet
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 8 medium blood oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Blood orange slices and pomegranate seeds
- Grate 1 tablespoon orange peel; set aside. Squeeze juice from all of the oranges. Strain and discard pulp. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice mixture, pomegranate juice and orange liqueur. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with orange slices and pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 225 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 30, 2013
Its really really REALLY good. I love the blood oranges and the zest especially. The addition of the pomegranate seeds I think is a must.
Jan 13, 2013
Sounds like a winner to me. Can't wait to try it. To get the seeds out of a Pomegranate just cut in half croswise, take a wooden spoon and hit the outside several times. They will all pop out. Do the same with the other half. Enjoy!!!
Jan 13, 2013
I love sorbets and would really like to try this recipe, but I do not have an ice cream maker. Is it possible to make this in the freezer and then put it in the blender?