Blood Orange-Pomegranate Sorbet
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 8 medium blood oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- Blood orange slices and pomegranate seeds
- Grate 1 tablespoon orange peel; set aside. Squeeze juice from all of the oranges. Strain and discard pulp. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice mixture, pomegranate juice and orange liqueur. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with orange slices and pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 225 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 30, 2013
Its really really REALLY good. I love the blood oranges and the zest especially. The addition of the pomegranate seeds I think is a must.
Jan 13, 2013
Sounds like a winner to me. Can't wait to try it. To get the seeds out of a Pomegranate just cut in half croswise, take a wooden spoon and hit the outside several times. They will all pop out. Do the same with the other half. Enjoy!!!
Jan 13, 2013
I love sorbets and would really like to try this recipe, but I do not have an ice cream maker. Is it possible to make this in the freezer and then put it in the blender?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.