Blood Orange Curd
Blood oranges give this curd a unique color. Use it as a substitute for lemon curd.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated blood orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Red food coloring, optional
- Gingersnap cookies
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs, sugar, orange juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Transfer to a small bowl and tint with food coloring if desired. Cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with cookies.
Originally published as Lemon Tarts in Taste of Home 201 Jams, Jellies, Pickles & More RTL 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.