Blood Orange Berry Punch
For a light, fresh-squeezed sip of summer any time of year at all, try this refreshing beverage from our Test Kitchen! Raspberries, pineapple, blood oranges and ginger ale blend in the sparkling, party-pretty punch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-3/4 cups blood orange juice (about 7 medium oranges)
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 4 cans (12 ounces each) diet ginger ale, chilled
- 1 medium blood orange, thinly sliced, optional
- Mash raspberries; strain, reserving juice and discarding seeds. Just before serving, combine the raspberry juice, orange juice and pineapple juice in a punch bowl. Stir in ginger ale. Garnish with orange slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 69 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Blood Orange Berry Punch in Light & Tasty December/January 2007
Jun 27, 2013
The first time I made this, I followed the recipe exactly but I used regular ginger ale. It is very tart and if you like that this is the drink for you. If not, I would recommend adding simple syrup or some kind of sweetner.