Blondies with Chips Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Whisk the egg, oil, honey and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. (Batter will be thick.)
- 2. Spread into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 12 servings.
1 bar: 133 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Blondies with Chips
"My family is used to the "wheat flour flavor" so was not an issue. I did find they were a little dry, and I might try adding a little something "extra" to give them some moisture. Otherwise, was good for a "diabetic" friendly recipe I am trying out for a man that goes to my church."
"I thought these were great as is, loved the nutty-chocolate taste the wheat flour gave it."
"The wheat flour gave a strong wheat taste to it. I took the advice & added ice cream & carmel which I'm sure didn't keep this light, but helped drown out the strong wheat taste. The family didn't care for this receipe. I won't make again as recipe states, mmaybe all white flour would help."
"Made them twice, first time as directed except used Peanut butter & milk chocolate chips. Batter is very thick. They are good but needed something extra. The second time made as the first time but added just 1 tablespoon of milk so the batter was not as thick; after baking drizzled Caramel chocolate Sauce over the top right after coming out of the oven. Next time might try just a caramel topping sauce drizzled over the top."
"easy to make; had all the ingredients; but did not serve them. Bland and boring. Not a keeper, IMO."