Blond Toffee Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Baked: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in toffee bits.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 27, 2014
Excellent bar - chewy, crispy on top, caramel-y and delicious!
Oct 21, 2009
I put a handful of chocolate chips on top when removed from the oven and smeared them around. Then added a few mini marshmallows, and broiled until light golden brown. So YUMMY!
Nov 17, 2008
These were okay; not great. Seemed dry and crumbly. Kids enjoyed them for a snack. Not sure I will make these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.