- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle bits
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in toffee bits.
- Spread evenly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forBlond Toffee Brownies
"Excellent bar - chewy, crispy on top, caramel-y and delicious!"
"I put a handful of chocolate chips on top when removed from the oven and smeared them around. Then added a few mini marshmallows, and broiled until light golden brown. So YUMMY!"
"These were okay; not great. Seemed dry and crumbly. Kids enjoyed them for a snack. Not sure I will make these again."