- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- MAPLE CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the sauce, combine syrup and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in milk. Cut brownies into squares; cut in half if desired.
- Place on dessert plates with a scoop of ice cream. Top with sauce; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forBlond Brownies a la Mode
"The sauce for these brownies makes these soo good!! Will fix again!!"
"Yummy I added chocolate chips"
"Great for church dinners"
"Liked the sauce but the blondies are too cake like not gooey like brownines....would use a different brownie recipe with the sauce."
"This was a delicious recipe that I made on Mother's Day. Everyone loved it."
"As an update to my review below.... If you're looking for an Applebee's warm maple butter sauce (like I was), the sauce in this recipe isn't it. The Applebee's version is:1/2 c. butter (soft), 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 1/4 c. cream cheese (soft), 2 T. Maple Syrup, 1/4 tsp. salt. Cream together in microwavable bowl. Heat 30 seconds or so until just melted. Serve warm over ice cream and blondie. It's wonderful!!!!!!!!"
"This recipe is a definite keeper. The blondies alone were moist and flavorful. The sauce is what makes this dessert. I found it a little strong on the maple syrup flavor and will probably cut back there next time and up the amount of evap milk -- but that's just my preference. Serve it with the sauce warm. YUM!!"