- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 squares.
Reviews forBlond Brownie Nut Squares
"This is a CLASSIC recipe! My mom has been making these rich bars since I was a child. Her mom made them for her. Walnuts work equally well in this recipe. Occasionally I have added a handful of white chocolate chips to the batter. This is a great bar to add to cookie platters. Or a quick treat, most items we have on hand. Don't let the sticky, hard to spread dough scare you. Just smooth out as best you can and trust it will fill up pan nicely! Yummy!"