- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 can (16 ounces) green beans, drained
- 1 can (17 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) wax beans, drained
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large Dutch oven, brown beef over medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add onion and celery; cook until tender. Stir in soup, tomato paste and ketchup; simmer 15-20 minutes. Spoon into a large kettle or roaster. Add all remaining ingredients; stir well. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: about 25 servings.
Reviews forBlock Party Beans
"Loved this one!"
"I first made this many years ago for a large family gathering. It was in a sample Reminisce magazine I got in the mail. It is so good; everyone raves about it and yet it is not at all difficult to make. A real winner."
"I made this yesterday again. It is a really great recipe for a large crowd, that really sticks to you stomach. Makes a lot of food for a big crowd. Yummy. Two thumbs up!"
"I love this recipe. I get compliments every time I make it. I add sausage and it gives it great flavor."
"i had this recipe 13 years ago and lost it,now thanks to the computer age i was able to find it again.this is a great dish for hungry people at picnics and parties. i also added cooked crumbled bacon and molassass to the sause and it was great for a change.......i love this dish"