Blender Bran Muffins
Bananas complement the hearty whole wheat flavor of these moist muffins. Using a blender to mix the ingredients makes them fun and fast, notes Frances Ward of St. Louis, Missouri.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups All-Bran
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Cut bananas into quarters; place in a blender. Add the next seven ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Blend in cereal. Stir in raisins if desired. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
Editor's Note: Paper-lined muffin cups are not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Blender Bran Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 1998