Blended Pineapple Chai
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 chai-flavored black tea bags
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine water and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil. Add tea bags. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Place the tea, ice, milk and honey in a blender. Cover and process until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 114 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Pineapple Chai in Fresh Home Summer 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.