Blarney Stone Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in the toffee bits and pecans.
- 2. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Add food coloring to frosting; spread over the bars. Cut into diamond shapes. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 102 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Blarney Stone Bars
"it was good"
"These bars were really good. Not by themselves, but with the frosty made them really good."
"This recipe was very good. I used skor toffee bits instead of English toffee bits. It worked well. The cookies were moist and din't last long."
"These were easy and great tasting."
"I actually didn't make this yet - I'm wondering how you can get 3 1/2 dozen bars out of a 9 in square pan. It there a misprint in the amount or the pan size?"
"This was a very good recipe. Not overly sweet but lots of texture and flavor."