Blarney Breakfast Bake Recipe
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes, tomatoes, cheeses and sausage mixture. Repeat layers. Pour egg mixture over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 304 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Blarney Breakfast Bake
"Hi Kobmob,Because this recipe uses day old bread, preparing it the night before should be fine. Just be sure to cover it tightly.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"Can this be made the night before and cooked in the morning?"
"This was delicious and very moist and fluffy! I changed the bake time to an hour and five minutes at 375?."
"It was good. Next time I would add peppers too."
"Blarney breakfast was a dream to make and so delicious!Diane HigginsTampa, FL"
"Great recipe! I used some brioche for the bread cubes...awesome! Thank you, Taste of Home!"