Blackened Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package (10 ounces) Italian-blend salad greens
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup salad dressing of your choice
- Combine the seasonings; rub over chicken. Broil or grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- On a serving platter or individual plates, arrange the salad greens, tomatoes and red pepper. Slice chicken; place over salad. Top with croutons and dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1031mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2012
Yummm. I've been going through old issues and had this one marked to try. Glad I did. I switched the sweet red pepper for avocado and used ranch but caesar would be good too.
Nov 2, 2009
Excellent recipe, I used ranch dressing whichI think was perfect with the spicy chicken