- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Combine the chili powder, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the beans, corn and salsa to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a serving dish; serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlackened Chicken and Beans
"Great recipe! My family loved this dish."
"AMAZING!!! So moist, great flavor, low in fat and calories."
"I thought this sounded good but might be lacking in flavor so I made a few additions. I added 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 diced white onion, 1 piece of chopped bacon for flavor, and 2 mushrooms sliced.I sauteed the bacon first then put on a plate to drain. Then I browned the chicken on both sides and transfered to plate. I Then sauteed the onion, garlic, and mushroom.Add remaining ingredients and return bacon and chicken to pan and simmer for 10 minutes. I also garnished with a little lite sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro. This was delicious! My husband loved it!"
"Although, many people like this recipe, I really didn't like it. If you don't really like chilly powder and a lot of beans, you won't like it that much. I thought the salsa would be good, but I guess you really have to like beans to like it."
"This recipe is really good and super easy; I am watching my fat, calories, fiber, etc. so this was a great choice for me and I will definitely make it again!"
"This is a very simple recipe. It was very tasty! Will definitely make it again!"