- 1 tablespoon each paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder and ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, ground cumin, dried thyme and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- Combine all seasonings. Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; rub with half of the seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-23 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlackened Cajun Chicken
"My husband and I loved it and will make this again for sure, I'd say it was a med on the hot scale."
"Awful. Way too much cumin and onion powder."