I read that white chocolate intensifies the flavor of blackberries. It's true! The crunch of chips, blackberry puree and sweet and salty pretzel crust make this a sensational mini dessert. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
Recommended: 37 Dessert Recipes for People Who Love Cheesecake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- Additional blackberries
- Pulse pretzels in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and melted butter; pulse just until combined. Divide mixture among six half-pint canning jars or dessert dishes.
- For cheesecake layer, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped cream, then baking chips. Spoon over pretzel mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a clean food processor, puree 1-1/2 cups blackberries with remaining sugar; remove to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate berry mixture and remaining whipped cream until serving.
- To serve, top with blackberry mixture, reserved whipped cream and additional blackberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Cups in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018