Blackberry Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, blackberries, tomatoes, onion and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 116 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 lean meat.
Aug 18, 2014
Interesting flavor combination.
Mar 24, 2013
Hands down best for taste and texture spinich salad I have ever made. Everyone that has had it agree.
Jan 8, 2012
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe, it is light and refreshing, I also added mandarin oranges
May 30, 2010
Very yummy salad - lots of flavour and actually quite filling when a bit of grilled chicken is added on top.
May 25, 2010
I was looking for a salad with some unusual ingredients and this recipe caught my attention. It was a hit. I made it for a company of 10 people and everybody loved it! I forgot to add green onions but the salad was outstanding without them. Will make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.