VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups strained blackberry puree (from 4 cups fresh blackberries)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 16 freezer pop molds or 16 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a small saucepan, bring water and brown sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in blackberry puree and mint.
- Fill molds or cups with 1/4 cup fruit mixture. Freeze for 1 hour or until slushy. Gently stir to distribute mint. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 16 pops.
Originally published as Blackberry Mint Pops in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p52