Classic pops get a nutrition makeover and go gourmet when blackberries and mint collide in the freezer.—Myrna Campbell, Philomath, Oregon
Recommended: 22 Best Mocktails: Fresh, Fizzy & Not-Too-Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups strained blackberry puree (from 4 cups fresh blackberries)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 16 Popsicle molds or paper cups (3 ounces each) and Popsicle sticks
- In a small saucepan, bring water and brown sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in blackberry puree and mint.
- Fill molds or cups with 1/4 cup fruit mixture. Freeze for 1 hour or until slushy. Insert stick into molds or cups and gently stir to distribute mint; freeze until firm. Yield: 16 pops.
Originally published as Blackberry Mint Pops in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p52