- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Honey, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Beat in milk and vanilla until almost smooth, about 1 minute. Combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined (batter will be thick). Toss blackberries with the remaining flour until coated; fold into batter. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are golden and test done. Serve warm with honey if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forBlackberry Fruit Muffins
"Muffins come out heavy and flat. Taste is okay. Presentation on the poor side."