- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, drained, divided
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg until dough forms a ball. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- For filling, in a bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla just until combined. Sprinkle 2 cups blackberries over crust. Carefully pour sour cream mixture over berries. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack (center will fall). Remove sides of pan. Top with whipped cream and remaining blackberries. This dessert is best eaten the same day it's prepared. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forBlackberry Custard Torte
"Excellent this is a keeper"
"This is an excellent desert, but I have to say that it's far better with strawberries than blackberries. I haven't made it yet without getting a multitude of compliments . This recipes deserves far more attention than it's getting."
"great fruit dessert!"
"This tastes delicious and looks pretty too!~ Theresa"
"I took this to work today and one of the lawyers asked for the recipe. I said, "for your wife?" He said, no, he was going to make it. Shame on me for making the assumption men don't bake. All my coworkers love it."
"That sounds really good, I love to make custard."