From Dorothy Reinhold of Malibu, California comes this delightful treat that saves calories and carbs by using sugar-free gelatin. This bright pink dessert is made special with layers of fresh blackberries.
Recommended: 30 Recipes for No-Bake Pies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups blackberries, divided
- 1 carton (6 ounces) blackberry yogurt
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 40 minutes.
- Set aside 8 teaspoons whipped topping and eight blackberries for garnish. Fold yogurt and remaining whipped topping into gelatin.
- Divide half of the gelatin mixture among eight parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Layer with remaining blackberries and gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and berries. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Cloud Parfaits in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p63