Blackberry Cheese Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 2 cups fresh blackberries and/or raspberries, divided
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to pastry shell. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 4. Mash 1/2 cup berries; stir into juice mixture. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring several times. Fold in remaining berries. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- 5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Blackberry Cheese Pie
"really refreshing pie. the cream cheese layer is silky and blends nicely with the fruit. pretty."
"Grand recipe. Got great raves with this dessert. Guests wanted recipe. Wouldn't change a thing except that I added half blueberries with half of raspberries at the end of recipe when it asked for remaining berries - good addition. This recipes will be added to a family favorite."
"I would use different fruit"
"Haven't made it yet but I'm sure I will. Recipe says to ad to the sugar/corn starch mixture in the sauce pan."
"I've never made so many pies in one summer - my boyfriend requests this at least once a week. I have to make two at a time just so the rest of us get some!"
"you left out of the instructions when to add the pineapple/orange juice. I am sure you meant to cook with sugar and cornstarch-but my 35 yr old daughter couldn't figure it out. Diane"