- 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts or walnuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Combine flour, cornstarch and sugar; add to butter and mix well. Stir in walnuts. Roll into 3/4-in. balls and place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews forBlack Walnut Butter Cookies
"Simple to make and tasty!"
"Does not make that many cookies, I downsized them to get 24 cookies. Other than that, they're very good. I would definitely recommend this recipe."