Black ‘n’ White Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, red pepper, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Using a slotted spoon, serve over lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 187 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 20, 2014
I really liked it! Unfortunately my husband did not.
Aug 23, 2011
I make this salad for almost every potluck. Never a time goes by where someone doesn't ask for the recipe. I substitute small white beans for the cannellinin beans. I have been making this recipe since it was published in your magazine over 12 years ago.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.