Black ‘n’ White Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, red pepper, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Using a slotted spoon, serve over lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 187 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 20, 2014
I really liked it! Unfortunately my husband did not.
Aug 23, 2011
I make this salad for almost every potluck. Never a time goes by where someone doesn't ask for the recipe. I substitute small white beans for the cannellinin beans. I have been making this recipe since it was published in your magazine over 12 years ago.