- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and mix well.
- Pour into crust; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread pie filling over the top.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and cream; stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over tart. Chill until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBlack Forest Tart
"This was not only beautiful, it was delicious and not overly sweet"
"I made this and took it to an Oktoberfest party. The guests voted my dessert as the best and I won a beautiful traveling German stein. I would definitely make this again, it was delicious!"
"So Good! It's surprisingly not over the top sweet like you think it would be...the inside is like a really light, fluffy chocolate cake! The sweetest part is definitely the cherry and I used chocolate graham crackers for the crust instead of wafers and turned out great! Goes great with coffee, huge hit, highly recommend!"